Important Features of the course
- Laboratories – Virtual Labs in Food processing unit operations are conducted prior to real experiments in Unit operations in 1st semester. Experiments on Product development, Processing and quality control are included in the Food Technology Lab. in the 2nd semester.
- Industrial Visits – Students are taken for Industrial visits regularly.
- e- Learning methods – Animations and videos are used to explain the concepts/Principles. Manufacturing processes are shown through videos/Virtual industrial tours. e-lectures, e-journals, e-books and web references for equipment/manufacturers are provided to students. All documents/illustrations/study materials/Problems and solutions are made available to students using internet file sharing methods.
- Solving Problems – Theory is followed by solving problems in various processing operations.
- Assignments – Assignments on Industries/ Manufacture/Materials/Novel Techniques/market surveys are regularly given to students to learn/share /communicate Knowledge
- Special training courses – Exclusive and specially designed courses/ demonstrations at CFTRI and Selected Industries are arranged periodically to the students.
- of students/Batches: 56 students in 3 batches have completed the course. Many of them are employed. 23 students of 4th batch are currently doing their project work. 23 students of 5th batch are doing course work.