Important features of the curriculum
- Project work: Following are the organizations offered internship so far, for students during Second year.
- Food Industries: Nestle, HUL, Mane, Wrigley, Godrej Tyson, Tata Coffee, Tata Global Beverages, MTR, Cadbury, Naturo, UB, UB spirits, Vimta labs, Dukes India, AP Foods, APDDCF, MM Cocoa, Srinifoods, Foods and Inns. All of them offer Stipend.
- R&D Institutions: CFTRI & Osmania University.
- Some of the project works involving our students have resulted in new Product development, Process Improvements and Publications
- Plant Design: One of the key features of the course is plant design. Project report on Manufacture of one Food Product has to be prepared during the third Semester. This cover all aspects of Plant Design and Economics, based on which a new plant can be set up.
- Elective: Elective/special subjects have been introduced from 2012-14 Batch. List of elective subjects and syllabus are given in sft.jntuk.edu.in.
- Board of Studies: Board of studies, apart from scientists/academicians, consists of representatives from leading Food Industry. Syllabus is designed based on the inputs from Industry.
- Approval by AICTE: Course has been approved by AICTE since 2011-12 and the approved intake is 25.
(18 seats for GATE/ PGECET rank holders and 7 sponsored seats)